As a child, we all had big dreams to fulfill. We all wrote essays on “what I want to become in the future and why”
However, life happened to a lot of us and it’s been difficult to achieve anything close to what we wanted as a child.
I will like to say no matter how rough your career has been, or how disappointed you are; it’s never too late.
Consider taking the following steps;
1. Have a personal reflection on what you have done and what you plan to do: You may need a time off the everyday noise to properly reflect and arrive at a right decision.
2. Write the plans down with timelines to achieve them; Make sure you write your plans down and find a way to put it in places you will see it daily. Some people use post it note on mirrors in the bathroom and some prefer to have a cardboard in their room. Keep looking at it daily so you don’t forget.
3. Write down what you need to do to achieve those plans; Consider all options available to achieve the plans and make an assessment on which is the best option to take.
4. Write down the threats to achieving those plans; What are the hindrances that may affect you from achieving your plans, write them down and profer solutions to all the threats. If you need to seek help, please do.
5. Know how to manage the threats.
6. Start working to achieve your plans.
7. Seek help and speak to your mentor where necessary.
8. Be flexible and dynamic in your approach, there are different routes to one destination but stay ethical.
9. Pray to God for favour , guidance and speed.
Above all, you should plan ahead and know where you will be in the next 1-3 years of your life. I wish you the best.
To your success…
#Makingimpact #careeradvice #planningacareer