A lot of people are eager to start earning big money and wants to enjoy good things of life right after NYSC.
This is actually not a bad thing, in short, we all want to live a life of comfort.
However, you must be careful of the factors that will drive your decision making as a young graduate.
I know you can get tempted by the salary and maybe even the car offered by some companies. However, you must not make your decision solely because of the remuneration package being offered.
Consider the following;
1. Money shouldn’t be the most important factor in making a decision about who to work for as a fresh graduate.
2. How fast can you grow in the company? How long does it take to get promotion?
3. What is the career path for the department you are going? Do people grow in that department? Speak to people already in the system and ask for sincere opinion.
4. Are there opportunities to learn?
5. Will the experience be worthwhile , does it align with your career plans?
6. Is it easy to move to other companies, or is the experience useful in other industries, except for specialized fields.
You need genuine answers to the above to guide your decision.
I have seen people join a particular company after NYSC because the salary is high only to be on the same level and salary for 6 years. Do not make that mistake, be sure of the opportunities and the level of career growth that can be achieved.
If you are not sure of what to do or you need a second opinion, speak to your mentor or feel free to reach out to me.
Remember, some poeple have gone ahead of you and they are likely to know better.
All the best.