I have met people that spent several years on a role and they end up not finding fulfillment or stayed too long and become unhappy over time.
Most of us spend a lot of time in a company only to realize we would have been better off if we moved earlier. Many people also get carried away while some keep hoping and believing that things will get better.
While happiness and fulfillment means different things to different people, there are some signs that can indicate it’s time to look for another job. This signs may not apply to everyone but they may pose redflags that anyone should look out for.
Consider the following signs;
1. You are not excited to go to work. Any job you are doing that you are sad to go to work isn’t worth staying.
2. You have been stagnant for some years: while I understand different companies have different growth policy, if you have been stagnant beyond the policy, be on the look out.
3. You are doing the same routine tasks for more than 3 years without new challenges or new tasks.
4. You are always sad at work. Don’t go into depression because of any work, stay happy and stay alive. Life is good.
5. You don’t enjoy your work.
6. You have nothing to look forward to in the company.
7. You have a feeling you may be sacked; don’t wait, make a move before the company does.
Finally, don’t get carried away in one company especially if you do not have a future there.
Explore new roles , new opportunities, new challenges and new environment.
Don’t be afraid to leave your comfort zones. Damn the fear of the unknown, be calculative and set forth.
All the best.
Share with someone that needs this.